Thursday, July 3, 2008

Your ability to love will help a child in need


my fortune, originally uploaded by MNicoleM.

it's blurry because I took it with my blackjack, sorry - but I thought it was the perfect fortune for me!!

Been a while since I updated - summer school is over (12 days is hardly worth it but hey, who asked me). Monday Chris and I go to get our FBI fingerprints and our 10 panel drug test then all the adoption paperwork is finished.

This afternoon, Jackson is coming over and I'm taking his 2 year portraits. That should be fun :-) I just got a whole bunch of new props!

This weekend, we're going to Deanburg, ,TN - my all time least favorite trip on the planet. His grandmother and all his aunts/uncles/cousins live up there - and I love them all. But the place is literally in the middle of nowhere. The closest sign of civilization is the piggly wiggly 30 miles away (oh and there's a pizza hut and a fred's by the piggly wiggly too). Literally his family all lives on this one street, there's a church and a gas station and that's IT. And all we do is sit out on the HUGE front porch (2 big porch swings, lots of rocking chairs and lawn chairs) and talk about how horrible it is that Suzy wore a pantsuit to church and how Obama is a muslim that hates america and good ol' W is only outdone by Jesus in the wonderful department. It's HOT as hell, boring as hell and there are way too many mosquitos and other bugs. But we go every year for the 4th of July because they have a big BBQ and it's the only time I get to see his grandmother, who as I mentioned before I really do love. So we leave tonight, drive halfway and stop at a hotel then spend Friday, Friday night and Sat morning in Deanburg, leave sometime Sat afternoon and come home Sunday.

Then on Monday, I leave for Orlando - the Autism Society of America conference is there this year, on Thurs, Fri and Sat - but I'm going from Monday to Monday so I can do Disney. Chris can't get off work (and hates Disney so he wouldn't go if he could) so mama's going with me - which will be nice. We haven't taken a mother-daughter trip in ages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole! I added you to my blogroll! :D