- Nothing makes me feel more inadquate as a wife ... heck as a woman, period! I sweep the dining room and then stare at the pile of dirt, dog hair, feathers, and dust and think about how a "good wife" would sweep daily (or more) and this stuff wouldn't pile up!
- Because I have severe allergies to dust and mold, cleaning makes me feel bad physically (itchy eyes, headache) which does nothing positive for my mood or disposition.
- I start to think that I wish we could afford to re-hire the cleaning lady - which in turn leads to me thinking about other things I miss about life when we didn't really have to worry about money
- Then I start to feel incredibly guilty because 1)we have MUCH more than many people, 2)I hate feeling materialistic, 3)What entitles me to feel like I deserve to have someone else clean my house? Many, many people work a full time job and go to school part time PLUS have other commitments and/or children, and they manage to keep their house clean - why can't I? (which goes back to the inadequacy as a wife)
- In addition to feeling like a crappy wife, it makes me think I don't deserve to have children because I can't even keep my house clean when it's just me and Chris - what am I going to do when there are kids making extra messes?
- Which leads me into thinking about all the other things that I barely keep on top of without children - what's going to happen when (if) I have kids - can I do everything that needs to be done and still have time to enjoy and love them?
Anyway, I just wanted to share - cleaning house SUCKS!